Saturday, October 16, 2010

18 weeks

This week we received two conflicting image comparisons, so I thought i'd post both. The first is an average size bell pepper, I like this comparison because of the quarter sitting next to it, it helps evaluate the actual size. The other is of a standard sweet potato. One of my current favorite dinner side's, it's the perfect fall dish! It's also apparently the size of the baby in my belly, or at least the length. Brent would like me to compare it to some sort of sports equipment every week, instead of a fruit or vegetable... he suggested a softball. So, the baby is about the size of a softball this week, although i'm sure not quite as round. Our baby is about 5.5 inches this week, and weighs about 7 ounces. I'm supposed to be able to start feeling the little nugget moving around internally soon, but, I really have no idea what that feels like. Although, for the past week or so, I've felt something that feels like it's pushing from the inside out, off to my right side, low just above my hip bone. It's a weird feeling, something I've never felt before, but I still don't quite know if it's the baby or not. I'm sure one of these days i'll get a definite "HI MOM!" from inside, until then i'll just keep making it up and thinking I feel something.




We still don't know what were having, but whatever it is, it's already establishing reproductive parts!! I had no idea this happened so early! Too bad it wont get to use them for another 30 years, or until it's married. We will be finding out soon though what this little person is thats growing inside of me. So keep an eye out for that update, it'll be happening in the next week or so. Until then, peek on over at the belly shots page, I'll try to update weekly pictures from here on out, the bump seems to change almost daily now, it's amazing! I'm also going to make an effort to post things that don't have anything to do with the baby. I just have to start remembering our camera when we go places, so I have proof to post about. 

I also just have to mention that Brent and I watched the movie Babies last night. If you have not seen this, and you think babies are cute, or you are a parent, or just want to watch a good movie, you really should take some time to enjoy this movie, it was great! There is no narration throughout the entire movie, it's mostly quiet, or just sounds of life and the baby, and sometime the parents talking or siblings squabbling. It was so interesting to see how babies come into the world and are raised in such different environments. Two of the babies never even wear diapers, and hardly ever wear pants. That would save so much money in the U.S, and if you use disposable, a ton of room in landfills! Just remember to apply sunscreen in the summer... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...