Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A visit to Seattle and 22 weeks

Family...


This is the reason I visited Seattle this week. My cousin Kim and her husband Bob flew down from Palmer, AK for a couple of days just to visit. I was so excited to see them and spend the weekend with them, but I regret not being able to get here earlier in the week to have a couple more days with them. Brent and I will just have to take a trip up North soon to visit. On Sunday, we had our cousin Jamie and her husband Chuck, and their daughter JoAnn down for the afternoon and an early dinner before Kim and Bob had to head back home. I love this family, as I love most of my family, but this family fits, they are all around our age (for the most part) and were all going through some of the same things. Jamie and I are both pregnant, and just a few weeks apart. This is her second, her first is pictured in the above pic sitting with my parents, she's adorable and I love when she visits. 


(above) just the ladies. We had a fantastic an exhausting weekend of shopping, and spending some wonderful quality time together. I would love to be able to do this at least once a year with these ladies, I just don't know if plane tickets and our wallets would like it so much. Maybe every other year? I didn't see these cousins much as a child, so now that were grown-ups it's pretty fun to build relationships with such amazing women, I feel so blessed to have these ladies in my life now.


(below) JoAnn loves doggies, and she sat, entertained, for a good half hour with this roller and Abby. She went through probably 10 sheets of sticky roller paper, and Abby may have a bald spot on her left side (we turned her over half way through lol), but it was probably the best entertainment of the evening. 




And now for belly shots. As stated Above, Jamie is just a month behind me in her pregnancy. So we thought it would be fun to take a belly shot together this week. I am 22 weeks in this picture, and she is about 17-18 weeks. We are so cute!  JoAnn wanted to be in the pic with the babies too :) 



So here I am at 22 weeks. Our baby girl is now a full pound! She's also almost a full foot long! What a week of milestones huh!? From the email I received this weekend, it says she is about the size of a spaghetti squash... but I don't have a picture of that... The biggest thing from here until birth will be her growth. she'll start to gain weight rapidly, and i'll begin to get even more huge than I already feel like I am. This is a good thing though, we want a big healthy long baby to come out in a few months, were hoping for around 8lbs and maybe 22 inches?? we'll see. Other big things, tooth buds are now in place, she has her eyes, but no color in them yet, she's all wrinkly, until her fat layers begin to develop over the coming weeks, and her pancreas is developing, it's already producing some of her essential hormones she'll need for development. Kinda neat to know that she's already a pound and a foot long... she's looking like a mini newborn in there now! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...