Sunday, February 27, 2011

"full" term

I'm officially 37 weeks! Our baby girl should be between 6.5 and 7 lbs, and approximately 19-20 inches long at this point. Were still thinking she's a bit bigger than average, so our guess is closer to 7lbs and about 20 inches long... she's going to be a good size girl, nice and tall like her parents. We know she has a little bit of hair at this point, it showed up in the last ultrasound at 33 weeks, so i'm sure she has more by now, or it's all fallen out and she'll be completely bald... lets hope for a little bit of fuzz though. Her lungs are almost fully developed, and she would be fine coming out at this point to breath on her own with a little encouragement. She's constantly practicing her breathing, I can actually feel her now taking quick little breaths when I lay still at night. 


This week is going to be pretty exciting around the Norris household, here are just a few of our prep plans: 

Were getting the hospital bag packed with all the things we'll need from home for our *hopefully* less than 24 hour stay in the hospital, and getting the little baby things that we might need to bring also. 

We get to practice installing the car seat in both our vehicles, over and over again, until we have it perfect, and we'll get it inspected once or twice to make sure it really is properly installed. 

Our last birthing class is this week, which makes me a little bit sad, it's really been a wonderful learning experience and we are so thankful we found this awesome class to take! I honestly don't think I would be able to achieve the natural, unmedicated childbirth that I'm wanting without this class, which has taught not only me how to cope and get through the pain in natural ways, but also which has taught Brent to be the amazing support that I need him to be, not just mentally and emotionally, but physically as well. I'm sure he will be just as exhausted after labor and birth as I will be. 

I'll be finishing up with the babies laundry, washing and prepping all of her cloth diapers, wipes, towels, swaddle blankets, sheets, and most importantly, her adorable little clothes. 

I'm sure my nesting instincts will be even more in full swing, and i'll once again dance through the house on a cleaning frenzy, making sure everything is spotless, disinfected and in it's place. 


Hopefully we can get most everything done before baby girl decides to make her grand appearance, I'm sure i'll find things to distract me, and to add to the list, so I better start with the important things, and just hope the rest get done :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...