Sunday, December 19, 2010

The home stretch

Yesterday, this baby in my belly officially turned 27 weeks gestation. The 27 week mark also officially means I am now in the 3rd trimester! I am so excited to be entering my last few weeks before we get to meet our baby girl. She is now just over 2 pounds! and about 14.5 inches long. It's hard to believe how big she is getting in there! I love Brent's reaction the most to the weekly emails we get, he always holds his hands up to see how long she is, and his eyes get so big, and he pats my belly and tells our baby girl to keep on growing, she's not done yet. She's rapidly adding healthy fats to her body, filling into her skin and becoming a plump baby girl. Her eyelashes are growing this week also. The biggest things happening now along with her accumulating fat, is her lung development. She will continue to breath in amniotic fluid, which will help her lungs develop so that when she finally makes her grand appearance she will be breathing in fresh air on her own. The email says that if she were to be born now, with medical help she would be good to go (after a couple month stay in the NICU of course).

I have been feeling our baby girl move a ton lately, she has a lot of room in my belly, and is making the best of her warm space. My favorite thing is probably when she hiccups, which happens at least once or twice a day now, it's only for a few moments, then the flips and kicks settle into soft rolls and she falls back to sleep. She has her very active times, usually after dinner, and when I get in bed and lay flat on my back, and sometimes early in the morning, around 6 or 7 am, usually when Brent wakes up for work, she likes to move around and wake me up and let us know she knows were awake. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...