Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Baking... or is it Nesting??

I had the baking itch this weekend, so yesterday I went to the store and loaded up on all the essential baking needs, flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, chocolate chips, etc... and today, I'm baking.

Our morning started out with me making these


Yes, they are from scratch. and just about 3 hours after I started we were finally able to enjoy them. The rising part took a bit longer than I expected, even after I had read the recipe last night, I still didn't get up early enough to have them for breakfast, so they were dessert after lunch. and oh my are they delicious!


I also made some yummy cream cheese frosting to glob on top, I don't consider it a cinnamon roll without a ton of frosting lol, it's so much better when melted down inside each ring... yum!


Brent finally admitted that this "nesting" thing is pretty awesome... especially when he benefits with cinnamon rolls, and his favorite cookies. Those favorite cookies? They happen to be Chocolate chip, coconut, oatmeal cookies. more ooey gooey goodness. 






I'm not sure what else I'll make today, Brent is now requesting Chocolate Snickerdoodles... I think I can handle those. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...