Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring seems to be a busy birthday time for many of our friends (including my own!) On April 19th, Miss Maggie turned 3! then 4 days later, Mr. Josh turned 7! These kids are just growing up so fast! I cant believe i've worked with their family for 2 years now! Here are just a couple pics from their busy birthday week!


I've made many cupcakes and cookies with and for the kids in the past, but never a big birthday cake. Josh was struggling to design a "Monster Cake" for his birthday that the people at Albertsons would understand. So, He asked me if I would make his cake for him. and of course I said I would, I love baking and decorating, as long as I dont have to eat it all. So I took his pictures home, and thought out the cake that night, then Friday, after the cake had cooled, I got to work making this monster cake. I used half cupcakes for the bellys on the monsters, and on the sides, I pressed crumbled up oreos and gummy worm's onto it, to make it look nice and creepy-crawly. Well, Josh loved it, and so did the rest of the family, it was a huge hit with all the boy's at the party, and there was one slice of cake left over. So Matt asked me to make him one... his birthday is in November :o) Here is the only pic I have of the cake, I dont know why I didnt take more, so sorry it's sideways.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH AND MAGGIE!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...