Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our little Pumpkin

 Pumpkin Picking at Linder Farms


 It's that time of year, there is a crisp in the air, the leaves are turning from bright greens to beautiful rust, garnet, amber and tan, and starting to drop. I love Fall. I love cozy sweaters, jeans, turning the heat up. I wish we had a fireplace. It's the one thing I had to give up when we were house searching that I regret, oh I really wanted a fireplace. Next time, our next house will have a fireplace. Maybe 2. We have a new tradition that were starting with Stell, the pumpkin patch!! Brent wasn't too thrilled with going to the pumpkin patch, but we went with some great friends, the York-Millers, and had such a fun time! This is Cora, their adorable little girl, with her daddy Clint, who is newly returned from Iraq (Welcome home Clint!!) Amy, Cora's mommy, and I met a few months ago at the Great Cloth Diaper Change when Stella was just 2 months old, and I'm so thankful to have her as a new friend! She's taught me a ton about baby wearing, and cloth diapers, and a ton of other awesome things this new mommy didn't have a clue about. But, back to our trip to the pumpkin patch. We got there pretty late in the evening, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but we still got some fun ones. 

Clint giving Cora a lift

Cora and a pumpkin, she's wearing carhart overalls, Love!

We found an already carved pumpkin in the field!!

Cora saying hello

Stella and I in the patch, Thats Amy hangin out behind us too

Stell sitting on her first pumpkin!!!

She really didnt care about the pictures

She wanted that pumpkin!

again, why is dad taking so many pictures!?!?

And then we found this......

A GIANT "cornbox", full of corn kernels. 

It was kinda a big hit with the littles

Stella loved it

Playing in the cornbox




daddy wasn't really watching for a second and Stell got some kernels, I still wonder how many she ate.

Linder farms has a growth chart to take pictures with littles by, so as you go back every year, you can get a new picture and see how much they have grown! So cute!

Cora and Clint taking a ride on the littles tractor!! Cora was SO excited!

We had such a great time, we stayed a bit too late probably, but we were dancing by the fire and enjoying the music way too much to think about bedtime. We got a couple of pumpkins that are begging to be carved by our front door. I cant wait for Stella to stick her little hands into the gooey seeds, and then to roast those yummy seeds :) Delish! I'll be sure to get those pictures up when I get them, they are going to be pretty fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...