Monday, August 16, 2010

I love being pregnant....

I have to repeat the above statement several times to myself throughout the day. I really do love being pregnant. I just dont love all of the fun extras that come with it. Morning sickness in particular. I've found that B6 is my new best friend, and that little bottle is always in my purse. 50mg/twice a day seems to do the trick for the most part, but there are times that it's just not enough. It comes and goes, which makes eating out an adventure, and packing for a trip seems impossible when I have no idea what foods i'll want to eat or wont be able to stomach. thankfully, I've been able to eat something, anything, which is better than I was doing a few weeks ago. Still no meat, at all, lots of fruits and veggies, and still lots of pop tarts, lol. foods that I used to think were horrible to eat, I want, like Taco Bell, and the above mentioned pop tarts, so not healthy for me, but it's all I want or can stomach. I keep telling myself... just 2 or 3 more weeks of this, and it's over.

The above picture is from the 9 week mark, which was Saturday. It goes by so quick, really, the first trimester is just about over, just a few more weeks then i'm in the middle part of this adventure. The baby is actually considered a fetus now, It's been upgraded from Blastocyst to Embryo, and now to Fetus and that is pretty awesome I think. I've been getting the food pictures weekly, which show us that our baby is about the size of a Kumquat, or large Green olive. I'll try to do a better job of getting on here weekly to update baby comparisons in food, and eventually i'll start adding belly posts, but those wont be for awhile I hope. Right now, i've lost about 12 lbs, which is not something I expected to do with pregnancy. But, some of my pants are still getting tight! it's so weird how things shift and my belly has hardened in just a few weeks. I would never have thought that something the size of an olive could make my tummy feel so tight. But thankfully I can still wear most of my clothes.

Interesting tidbit that my dr. told me, did you know a womans body in the first trimester of pregnancy is working harder than a training olympic athlete?? that why were so darn tired all the time! Bring on the gold metal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...